Sunday, October 30, 2005

Well, went out on my full suspension mountain bike this morning. What with all the moisture around just now I stuck to a few forest roads so I wasn't trawling through muddy horribleness, but still rough enough to count as offroad. Good fun, but then it started raining. Fortunately I was back on the road for the last bit home, so didn't get too covered in crap. I think my disc brakes are now broken in, definitely a lot more bite than when I first put them on.
My latest bike project is a single speed mountain bike. It started with a Schwinn hardtail frame which was a donor frame for a lot of the parts on my full suspension bike. When I got the disc brakes for my full susser I had a spare pair of wheels, so the single speed plan came to mind. A set of Middleburn cranks and a planet x single speed cassette have taken care of the drivetrain along with a track chain I had lying around. I'm waiting for handlebars, forks, saddle and seatpost and then I'll be able to complete the build. Will hopefully post pics then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home